Monday, May 21, 2018

New Toys Review.

The care package that delivered my Dutch, also had a few of the new 1980's infantry strips.
These were so nice that I gave them a coat of white followed by a smoke wash to try to bring out the detail.
New US strip
New German strip
New Denmark strip. I think that they have camoflage on the helmets.
 These are getting up towards GHQ in quality, and H&R is far more user friendly to order from.
( And while I understand the use of the larger feeder sprues which increase the sharpness of the casting, the Scottish in me feels that I should collect to off cuts and post them back to Andy...)

The new YPR 765 PRAT (the schoolboy in me always giggles when I see this). This is a new sculpt and not the old Skytrex model. The detail on the hammerhead is very nice too. I suspect this vehicle will be more stable than the US M901.

 Now I just have to get painting my Dutch

Finally a bit of modeling. I've had the ZSU57-2's for a while. I've just added figures from the old standing artillery crew strip.  This strip is great for adding crews to open topped AFV's as they are really thin.
I'm still not keen on the bendy gun barrels and I might yet replace them with hard wire.

2 comments:

  1. Very tasty - Andy at H&R is really pulling out some good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you post a side-by-side shot with a sprue of the old figures to give us a direct comparison?

    ReplyDelete